вторник, 14 април 2009 г.

It is a good thing but I rarely do it.

Recently I reviewed some of the posts of my 'How to make a chess set blog' and I think some of my ramblings deserve to appear here in connection with the 'variation' theme.

To cut the long story short it is always good to take a pencil and draw the ideas of the creatures you are going to make. It doesn't matter if you are good at drawing or not. Think of the drawing as a general outline of what you are going to make. This helps to get clear ideas. Though I have to admit I personally rarely do it, but whenever I had done it gave better results that starting right off with the polymer clay.

And one other thing. When you make the creatures it is not a bad idea to take notes what colors do you use (writing down the polymer clay manufacturer number: for example FIMO soft, color catalog number 0). I have often regretted not to be able to reproduce some color mixtures because I was too lazy to take notes of what colors have been mixing. If you have a good idea and a good sculpture comes out of it, take notes of how or where you got the idea, this helps a lot for future projects.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар